Oakland Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Personal Injury Lawyer in Oakland, CA
If you were recently injured in a motorcycle accident in the Oakland area, it is important to act quickly and discuss your legal rights with a lawyer experienced with these cases. You will need to handle an insurance claim and other issues related to your accident, and an experienced professional can assist you with this while allowing you to focus on healing and spending time with loved ones instead. Our firm's experienced Oakland injury lawyers can help you file a
personal injury claim to seek money that will help with medical bills, damage to your bike and the various other expenses and injuries you may be experiencing.
What Can I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
There are several important steps to take following a motorcycle accident:
- Remain at the scene.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Exchange driver and insurance information with the other parties involved.
- If possible, render aid to anyone in need.
- If possible, take pictures and notes referencing the circumstances of the accident and injuries you suffered.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses present.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Do not talk to the other driver's insurance company! They may only be seeking a statement that would limit their client's responsibility in causing the accident.
- Contact an Oakland motorcycle accident attorney to talk about what occurred, what you should do at this point and what legal rights you have.
Pursue Compensation with Skilled Advocacy
Taking these steps may help ensure that you do not face criminal charges for hit and run and that you approach your insurance claim or lawsuit properly, from the very beginning. This can help your chances of a positive case result - one that ends in you holding the responsible driver accountable and recovering the full financial damages to which you should be entitled. For a consultation regarding your case, contact an Oakland motorcycle accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Clancy & Diaz, LLP today!